Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Cascading Bridal Bouquets

Lane here signing on under Jill's account. Jill has filled me in on some of the things you like and do not like in bouquet treatments. She has told me you don't want a lot of greens and you're not a fan of Carnations. You're not alone on your feelings about carnations but I have to state for the record I think they have a bad rap. To me they look like little petticoats and the colors are outstanding. Well I'll get down from my soap box now and back to your florals. 


The first example above is all Red Roses with a little bit of Ivy and tear drop crystals. What I would recommend, if you like this style, is I'd use different shades of red to give the bouquet more depth. There are so many varieties of red roses you could literally write a book but I won't bore you with those, my point is putting some slight shading in would not be a problem and would improve the look tenfold.



This beautiful bouquet is done with Calla Lilies, Gerbera and Wax Flowers. Except for the little Wax Flowers this could easily be converted to all red. Callas lend a nice natural form to cascades. The trailing greens you see could also be swapped out for beaded sprays or left open, no greens.




I know this isn't a cascading bouquet but I post it to show you the beautiful color. With Callas you are very limited to the shade so if you are particular on a certain tint, shade or  tone of red we should not use them, but isn't this pretty?


The sophisticated bouquet above is made entirely of Asiatic Lilies. Though this bouquet again is not red, it could be done that way and again we are limited in our choices of reds. Just an FYI, the Lilies have a strong odor which some find offensive. I have them in my home right now and to me they smell wonderful but I like Carnations, so what do I know.

So Namha, let me know your thoughts on these and we can go on from there. Jill has told me you two keep the same hours so I know your time must be very limited. If there's any thing I can do that will save you some time just let me know.
Cheers, Laney




2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this information on cascading bridal bouquets. Couple of months ago, I arranged my nephew’s birthday and decorated venue with help of Flower Delivery New York florist service who delivered amazing flowers for this occasion at cheap price.

    ReplyDelete