Wednesday, February 16, 2011

My thoughts on the bouquet

Hi Lane,
The pictures below are absolutely gorgeous.  How will I ever make a decision? I love the shape of the first bouquet, love the teardrop crystals, love the ivy.  I also agree that additional shades of red would give this arrangement some depth...would different types of flowers do this as well?  While the roses are beautiful, and I would be happy with just roses, lillies (specifically stargazers) are by far my favorite flower (I even have one tatooed on me).  I never considered the day lillies though - they may be a little too orange for our theme.  But if they aren't, I would love to see how they mix in with the roses.  The calla lillies below are absolutely stunning.  I've always seen them in a deep blood red, which is pretty, but too dark for our theme.  But the callas below seem almost right...I think I will need to get you a swatch.  I'll bring a swatch to give to Jill tomorrow and you can give me your thoughts on the mixing of callas, lillies and roses, as well as if you think our shade of red is do-able in the lillies and callas.  I've also seen red bouquets with other flowers mixed in, but couldn't tell what they were - I have pictures on my work laptop and will post them for you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment